Sunday, February 15, 2009

Minivan Mama!!

We have been thinking about buying a minivan sometime this year, but weren't in any hurry. Last weekend my parents were going to the auto show, so I decided to take the kids and join them. One of the dealerships let me know they had some really great deals on used '08 vans so Poy and I decided to check them out the next day.  That particular dealer didn't have what I was looking for, but after doing a lot of internet shopping we found what we were looking for.

We ended up with a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country in Dark Blue.  It has "Quad seating" which means the mid section of seats is two bucket seats instead of one bench. This was a must for me. I just really like the quad seating better than a bench.  It also has a DVD player which was a total plus.  It wasn't a must, but it was definitely on our wants list. The radio is touchscreen and you can also watch a DVD on it when the car is in Park or off.  It looks like a navigation system, but it doesn't actually have navigation.  It also has a camera for when the car is in reverse, so that pops up on the screen.  It also has the Stow-n-go seating, so you can put all the seats flat into the ground.  Even better though is that when the seats are upright you have tons of storage in the floor.  My car has always been so messy and now I can just throw coats, blankets, toys and whatever else into those bins.  

The other day I took my kids and Carter & Callie out to stay the night at Grandmas. This was our first outing with extra kids and they had a blast.  The girls were in the front carseats and the boys were in the back booster seats.  They watched a movie and giggled the whole way. 

Here are some pics.  Most are dealer pictures, then I have some from our ride with all 4 kids.






Sophie watching a DVD with her Minnie ears on :)
Nolan watching a movie
Cousins enjoying the ride. 
Big Boys in the back seat
Miss Callie
Brother/Sister

No comments: