Thursday, October 16, 2008

My latest cleaning project

I've decided that when it comes to cleaning I really prefer a big project.  I like the satisfaction of seeing the end result.  Lately Tuesdays have been a great day for me to conquer a big mess.  This Tuesday I decided to completely reorganize my pantry.  In the 4 years we have lived here I have never done this. It had some (and I mean that loosely) order, but there was a lot of stuff in there that just didn't belong.  I am delighted at how it looks now.  I moved the cereal and snacks to the lower shelves so that the kids can get to them on their own.  My cans are all facing the same direction :).  One funny thing was that a couple months ago I bought a can of corn starch to make the kids flubber.  When I got it home I realized I already had corn starch.  When I cleaned out the pantry I actually found 3 more boxes of corn starch!!  I guess I should google "recipes with corn starch" so I can get rid of the stuff :)  I wish I could have had some before shots, but Poy had the camera.  Here are some of the after pictures.   
Top shelf -- bulk stuff, paper products, cleaning supplies
2nd shelf -- boxed foods, baking in the corner, bottles of oils, vinegars and stuff
mid shelf -- bread and cans
4th shelf -- snacks, cookies
more 4th shelf -- syrup, peanut butter, foil & baggies
bottom shelf -- cereal, drinks, bagged snacks.
The floor is now clear except for cat food and bags.

I feel great when I open my pantry. I'm still not used to it so when I open the door I have this moment where I think it is going to be a disaster and then I'm pleasantly surprised.  I threw away so much stuff that had been unused for so long.  

Although I do have other stuff to blog about, it is late and I'm tired, so I'm gonna have to do those in the next couple of days.




No comments: