Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fabulous Savings at Walgreens

Last night I spent 2 hours planning my Walgreens scenarios.  Walgreens seems to offer $5/$20 or $10/$40 and stuff like that every Friday & Saturday.  The bummer part for me is those are the 2 days I work and when I get off Poy is working.  It seems like a waste to save $5 and then turn around and pay my sitter $8.  Sometimes I try to shop before work, so today I woke up 30 minutes early to shop.  I was very disappointed that I couldn't find what I needed for my first scenario and I lost a lot of time wandering the store.  I did get a return done, but other than that I walked out with nothing.  I was disappointed, but decided to get to Walgreens after work with the kids and try to get some good deals.

Although shopping with my kids is always a bit hectic they did pretty well.  So here's what I got:


**Warning: this has a lot of boring math stuff in it.  If you want you can read the top and the bottom then decide if you want to know all my scenarios :)**

Scenario #1:

3 Boxes of Benefiber Kiwi Strawberry drink mixes   
Regular price: 7.99/box   23.97 for 3
There was a walmart coupon for $5 off each box for a $15 savings
Total= 8.97 (but we're not done with this one)
1 Airwick Fresmatic Ultra Automatic spray
Regular price: 12.99 on sale for 4.99
I used a $4 off coupon
Total=1.99 (we're not done here either)
1 St. Ives Elements Olive Cleanser
Regular price 7.49 on sale 4.99
I used a $2 off coupon
Total=2.99 (not done)
1 Nivea Mens Bodywash
Total=4.99
1 Quilted Northern toilet paper
Regular price: 5.29 on sale for $4
Use a Wgs coupon for $1 and a manufacturers coupon for $1
Total=$2

Total out of pocket for all items: 20.94-$5 off $20 coupon=15.94+tax
I used a gift card for 14.48 from previous rebates and 4.48 out of pocket
At the end of the transaction I received one $8 Register Reward (like cash on next transaction) from the 3 packs of Benefiber (making it .97!!) 
and one $5 Register Reward for the St. Ives making this a money maker of 2.01!
We aren't done yet :)
I will receive a $3 rebate for the Airwick making this a $1.01 money maker!
lastly I will receive a $4.99 rebate for the Nivea bodywash making this free after rebate.

In the end this transaction was a $5.05 moneymaker!

Scenario #2

4 Capri Sun (Nolan has these in his lunch every day)
Regular price 3.79 each on sale 4 for $10
Total=$10
2 Glade Flameless Candle
Regular price 9.99 each
Used a Buy 1 Get 1 coupon
Total=9.99
2 packs of dividers for my coupon book (I just needed these)
Total=1.98
Total for these items: $21.97-$5 off $20 coupon=16.97
I used 2 $5 Register Rewards for a total out of pocket=6.97+tax
I will receive a $2 rebate for the Flameless Candle making it 7.99 for 2
and I received a $3 Register Reward for the Capri Sun making them 4/$7 or 1.75 each

In the end this transaction was $1.97

Scenario #3

1 Loreal Facial Cleanser
Regular price: 6.99
I used a $1 in store coupon
Total=5.99
1 St. Ives Elements Olive Scrub
Regular price 7.49 on sale for 4.99
I used a coupon for $2 & a $2 store coupon
Total=.99
1 Rimmel Foundation
Total= 7.49
1 Post-it notes
Total= .89
1 Pencil Pouch for my coupon binder
Total= 1.99
1 Kid Knex (this was a total splurge for the kids cause they always fight over the knex so I told Sophie I would buy her her own set)
Total= 9.99
Total for these items: 27.34-$5/$20 coupon=22.34
I used the $3 Register Reward from scenario #2 and
the $8 Register Reward from scenario #1 making this a total OOP of 11.34
I received a $5 Register Reward for the St. Ives making this a $4.01 money maker!
I will receive a 6.99 rebate for the Loreal Cleanser making this a $1 money maker
Lastly, I will receive a 7.49 rebate for the Foundation making this item Free

In the end this transaction was an $8.14 money maker

This was by far my best walgreens trip so far.  I bought $121.93 worth of merchandise for a total of 27.39 out of my pocket & I will receive 26.91 on a gift card.  Fabulous!  This totally takes care of any shopping fix I need :)

1 comment:

andrea roesch said...

I'm just going to give you money and let you shop for me! I might have to start following this walgreens thing....