Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lots of stuff to do today


Another busy day for Mommy today.  Sophie and I went to her Parent/Tot tumbling class at Naydenov Gym today.  I actually had chosen a Tuesday class, but the class doesn't have enough kids (actually Sophie was the only one signed up), so until they had 3 kids we were joining any class that has openings.  So, we went today at 11:45 am. In the past we have always gone to late afternoon or evening classes and the early class was great because the gym was so empty it wasn't all loud and you didn't have to weave in and out of kids as you tried to go from one end of the gym to the other.  I loved the instructor today. She had great techniques and talked to the little kids great.  At the end of the class I decided to make this our permanent class.  I wanted to do it on Tuesday because Sophie and I are alone all day, so it would be the perfect time, but I'd also love a good instructor.  Parent/Tot classes can get rather boring for mom (at least this one) if you don't really care for the instructor.  Anyway, today Sophie's class only consisted of 2 other 3 year old girls. Sophie did really good.  Mommy was very proud of her today.  Daddy was up in the balcony and Soph was moving so fast she was a blur in many photos.  These are our non-blurry ones

At 4:30 Nolan is in swim lessons at Firstenburg.  He struggles with all things athletic, so he needs tons of encouragement just to keep him going.  He always wants to be the best in class, so if he isn't, he wants to quit.  As of now, he has only one class left in this session of level one, and I've signed him up again for level one because he isn't making the progress he needs to to move on.  For motivation, I offered him a prize once he finishes level one.  It seemed to help him today, so I will have to work with him before every class, encouraging and motivating him. 

As soon as we got home we had to eat quickly so we could get to Riverview's math games and first grade curriculum night.  The kids played some fun board games in the cafeteria and then while parents went to listen to the teachers, the grade schoolers play more games and the preschoolers went into the music room where they had a childcare area set up.  It was great not having to worry about how I was going to attend this event and who's going to take care of the kids. They both had a lot of fun and I got some great information about first grade.

When we got home I was begging the kids to put on their PJ's while I did the dishes.  Nolan isn't an issue, but Sophie was just ignoring me and then asking for help.  She would not take off her clothes on her own, which she is so capable of.  She was making me crazy.  Then she comes downstairs with her really great hat.  Here are those silly pictures


She didn't want me to take her picture with her eyes showing, so the only way I could get her face was if I asked her if she wanted to see the picture.  She'd lift those princess panties and I'd snap quickly and down they'd go again.  She is so funny.  You'll notice she's wearing her "Little Miss Trouble" shirt :)

One last thing I wanted to share, I framed a couple of Sophie's art pieces the other day and I think they look great. 

No comments: