Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Could have had some great photo ops...

Sunday I decided that I wanted to take the kids to Kids Club, which is basically a huge climbing place with a great jungle theme. Anyway, I wanted to take them, but I wanted them to do something to deserve such a reward. It was supposed to be a reward for their responsibility chart, but ever since we got back from vacation we totally slacked on using the chart. We decided to use it again starting Sunday, so now we are back on track. I needed to grocery shop (Nolan had nothing for his lunches) so I took Sophie with me grocery shopping. Poy was on the couch sleeping, so I woke him and told him I wanted he and Nolan to clean up around the house while I took Sophie shopping.

I was originally going to leave Sophie too, but she wanted to shop so I took her along. She has been eyeballing a coupon in my coupon binder for Yoplait yogurt that happens to have Dora on it, so that is primarily the reason she wanted to join me. We went to Winco and did our shopping and of coarse I was trying to get some great coupon deals. Our first disappointment came when we got to the yogurt section and they did not have any yoplait yogurt for kids, much less the Dora kind. She settled on Gogurt, which I did have a coupon for. I believe it was 1.00 off 2 (or something of that nature) so we grabbed 2. Our second and most annoying disappointment came when I went to give my coupons to the checker. She says in a not very nice way "we don't take those" and hands me back all but 2 of my coupons! So I said, "is it because they are printed off the computer?" Instead of just saying yes, she says "there's a sign right there". Gee thanks. I paid and started to leave when I decided I was going to make a trip to customer service. I didn't go to complain, but I wanted to return the 3 items I purchased only because I had coupons.

We returned home and Nolan is on the computer and Poy is vacuuming but hasn't showered. I am not a quick shopper, so he had almost 2 hours. We were on a time schedule, and I felt he had plenty of time. I had evening plans for the SYTYCD (So you think you can dance) Show and was supposed to meet my girlfriends for dinner beforehand. I can feel the tension between Poy and I, but I'm not really sure why. He is a total introvert, so when he's irritated he doesn't talk and kind of huffs around. It drives me insane. I just want him to tell me what he's so irritated about. So, I finally pry it out of him and he is irritated at the fact that I am going to the show and dinner and he didn't know about it. HUH!! I went to one of the girls houses the previous Monday to decorate our SYTYCD t-shirts (yes, we are dorks, but it's fun). How could he not know... also it was on the calendar on the fridge. He says "I don't look at the calendar". Ugh! Anyway, I sort of snapped him out of his mood, but he still didn't want me to go.

The kids had a blast at the kids club. They had tons of fun just the two of them for quite awhile. Sophie finally came and got me and says "I can't find Nolan". I have now been sucked into the tubes!! We go all over the place and finally find Nolan, who I discover was playing hide & go seek. Sophie did not inform me that Nolan was hiding from her :) Now it was my turn to hide. I was hidden for a few minutes when I realized my spot was probably too good and I was going to be stuck in a tube for a long time unless I made myself a little more obvious :) Once we made it through the giant snake slide I sent Poy in. I was tired! We played for awhile longer when Nolan actually came and said "Alright, I'm done. Let's go" We did one more trip to the slide to satisfy Sophie and made it out with 2 sweaty kids.

I had already decided I was going to be late to dinner since I had committed to the kids that they could go to Kids Club and we got a late start. As we were driving home, Natalie calls and says she needs a printer to print the tickets. She comes over and we realize my printer is out of black ink. One thing after another was making us late. We had to run to Fred Meyer, get ink, print the tickets, calm my upset daughter and finally made it out the door. Natalie and I settled on a gourmet dinner of McDonalds before we met the rest of the group.

We had a good time at the show. Our tickets were a little disappointing since there was a camera guy blocking the very center of the stage from where we were sitting. We moved a bit to some other unoccupied seats, and it got better. The show was fantastic. I love watching all the dances.

Although I meant to bring my camera everywhere I went, I forgot it :( Too bad, cause I could have gotten some great photos to share.

No comments: