Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 2... A little help from my girl

Last night Sophie got her sleep schedule ALL messed up! She had fallen asleep at 7:45 p.m. and Poy thought she'd stay asleep, but she woke up 45 minutes later. So she got to sleep late (I was at book club) and when I came home she came out of her bedroom. First I hid from her and daddy tried to get her back to bed. She ended up in our room, which is fine... if she goes to sleep. She did not fall asleep. So she came back out and I tried to deal with her. She repeatedly was asking for juice. I decided to let her watch a movie in her room thinking she'd fall asleep. She didn't. Anyway, believe it or not, she wasn't asleep until 2 am. It was not a good night.

This morning both kids had dentist appointments at 8:30 am. Ouch! They both had good appointments though and Sophie wasn't winey like I thought she'd be. After taking Nolan to school, Sophie ended up falling asleep. I had to wake her an hour later to go to school. That did NOT make her happy at all.

Poy and I had our first Monday with 3 hours of free time. It was awesome. We went out to lunch at Olive Garden and it was so nice to not worry about the kids behaving. We did some shopping and then we each went and picked up a kid. We decided we need to use this time every week for us to have a little date. I think it will be great for us.



Upon returning home we started doing some tasks around the house. I swept/mopped the kitchen floor, wiped crayon off the walls that has been there for a good 2 years, and cleaned out the car, including cleaning the kids car seats. Sophie helped me with each of these things. She always wants to help me clean. I'm sure this will be good in the long run, but sometimes I just want to get it done. Poy mowed the lawn, washed the car, and used the blower on the back porch. Sophie was doing some shredding for me, which she is great at. She noticed her dad had the blower out and she says "I'm going outside mom" "okay, you want to play outside?" "Yes, I want daddy to blow me away!" She's so cute. She had to go get her brother though so he could play too.

I decided I need to reduce the amount of time the kids are watching TV, so we turned it off at dinner time. After dinner Sophie through a big fit, but I just ignored her screaming, and I mean loud screaming and she FINALLY stopped and decided to play with her blocks. We used to turn off the TV at 7 p.m. every night but eventually just got lax about it. I figured school starting is a good time to get them into a better habit. I'll let you know how that goes. Anyway, it was nice to have a day with my husband and still come home and accomplish something. Now I get to relax :)

No comments: