Sunday, September 14, 2008

A new obsession

So, thanks to my friend/boss Natalie, I now have a new obsession... coupons! Specifically I have become a Walgreens shopper. Walgreens does all these crazy money back/ coupon/ rebate deals that really add up if you figure things out before you shop. I went to 2 different Walgreens yesterday and stocked up on all sorts of cleaning products, feminine products (yea!), hair care products, and OTC medicine. I spent around $110, but got $45 off my next trips (I actually used the $25 from the first trip on the second trip) and I also got $15+ worth of rebates that will come on a Walgreens gift card. I've spent a large portion of the night looking for online coupons. The trick to really doing the walgreens thing right is to have coupons on top of the already on sale items and barely pay anything at all. New deals started today, so after we take Sophie to preschool tomorrow I may have to drag Poy along and see if he can work out any deals.

On Nolan's last day of kindergarten his teacher asked me to do her a favor. She wanted me to go to the PTO meetings and add a new voice to the PTO. His teacher is no longer teaching because she just gave birth to identical twin boys, but even though she wasn't coming back, she still cares and thought I could bring new ideas. Last Tuesday I attended my first PTO meeting. It was an interesting experience going into a group of people who know each other and are set in their ways. I did bring a fellow parent/friend with me so I didn't have to feel uncomfortable. Although it was a little overwhelming I am going to do my best to be involved. The next day my neighbor came over and told me he really needs me to go to our homeowners association meeting and he wants me to run for the one board position that is available. Yikes, it's like my child starts school and now I have a bazillion things to attend to. I had to go and buy one of those massive "mom" calendars just to try to keep our lives in order.

Day 9... Well, I don't know that I've really gotten back into a specific routine these last 9 days. I'm still trying to get stuff done, but I have to make adjustments to the original plan. I'm just not home all the time. If I'm home during the day (especially earlier) I tend to get quite a bit done, but if I get up and go somewhere and return in the later afternoon, I just don't have the motivation to get stuff done. I'm really an early cleaner. Today I did use a bunch of my new cleaning products and cleaned the bathroom a lot. That felt good. I do like new stuff too, so even if it's cleaning products, I really like to use new stuff :) Hopefully I can get some stuff done tomorrow morning before Sophie goes to school.

No comments: