Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Bedroom: Before & After

Today I decided to tackle our bedroom.  Our bedroom has become the catch-all for all of our junk. I'm usually wanting to clean up areas that people see when they come over, so we completely neglect our bedroom.  I can't believe I'm doing this, but here are my before & after photos. 
  
Our dresser has been covered with junk forever. The box on the right has been around collecting more "important stuff" since we moved in.  After cleaning it out I found some photos and sentimental cards and the rest ended up in the trash. So much for the important stuff.  We did make our first purchase off my "what I want" list and bought a 32" TV yesterday.  It is really for downstairs but since we watch more TV in our room we decided to put it there until we buy our second TV.
Now our dresser is clear except for our 2 TV's. Poy will need to find a new home for the old TV, but I am pretty proud because I set up the new TV on my own. 
This area here is right by our bathroom door.  The cards were put there by Sophie a few days ago, but the other stuff has been around for a long time.  We really need to get rid of some old computer equipment but just never do it.  The printer was a freebie with our first laptop and we never even used it. That stuff was just taking up space.
  
I don't have a photo of the same exact spot, cause now it's just carpet :)  I did hang the photos though.  We've had those since our first house and we never hung them here. They aren't perfectly hung, but off the floor is great for me.

Here we have a carry-on luggage bag that needs to be put away, a so-called yarn organizer that isn't organized and a breakfast in bed tray, that needs a new home.
  
The luggage and breakfast tray found their way to the shed and I have a very tidy yarn organizer. The vacuum doesn't belong there, but I forgot to move it before I took the picture.    
Here is our "sitting area" in the bedroom. Behind the chairs I had a bunch of stuff to give away from the kids rooms.  I also have Nolan's closet doors against the wall, but I can't carry those downstairs myself. 

Look!  We can now use the sitting area! 

I still have some areas that need some work in our room, but I am very proud of what I got done today.

 

2 comments:

andrea roesch said...

you're awesome court! when i grow up, i want to be like you!

Vanessa said...

Holy cow Courtney! I can't believe the progress that it seems you are making. Doesn't it feel great! Way to go!