Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Busy, Busy Day


Yesterday ended up being a very full day.  Sophie and I started the morning at her "Creative Creations" Art class.  They did a very fun activity. They put a variety of things on the table and the children put them on wax paper.  They placed crayon shavings on their creation, covered it with another sheet of wax paper and then the instructor ironed it.  Sophie used feathers, paper, and flower petals. I think we'll put them in a window cause they look really cool when light shines through.  Last week they painted with "sand bags" (which were actually sand inside a tied nylon), that was fun, but didn't keep attention too long and it was obviously very messy. 

After class I had a chiropractor appointment, we went to lunch, and then took Sophie to her 3 year check-up.  She had a great appointment, her doctor was pleased with her health.  She weighed in at a mighty 27 lbs and she is 36 1/2" tall. She is equally proportioned at the 25th percentile in both height and weight. *For those of you without kids, this means 75% of kids her age are bigger than she is. We then were off to Target for some school supplies. 

As soon as we got home it was time to prepare for Nolan's soccer game, get a little snack in us and get to the field.  This was the first time I was alone with the kids at the game.  Poy took his management team out to dinner to show his appreciation to them, and my parents left for Las Vegas this morning. The ironic thing is, I felt like this was probably his best game so far.  Nolan is not an aggressive player at all, so he is often just running around.  He had a lot more kicks at the ball yesterday and he did quite well at his turn at goalie.  Here are some photos of Nolan playing and Sophie posing.







After the soccer game we were off to T-ball practice!  I know, what kind of a crazy mom has her 6 year old do 2 sports in one day... I didn't know that t-ball practice would be the same day as the soccer game, so when we can, we do both.  The hard part was I had a 3 year old to entertain on a blanket for 2 hours by myself.  Lets just say, she was playing with my camera ALOT, and insisting I take her picture.



We arrived home after 8pm and I then made a quick spaghetti dinner while we waited for Poy to come home. When we were done Sophie was unzipping her PJ's so I asked her what she was doing.  She says in a low gravely voice, as she sticks out her belly "My tummy says he is full". So cute. 




After Poy got home, we remembered that we bought Sophie her first nightgown at Target yesterday cause it was super cheap.  Sophie LOVES dresses, so I knew she'd love a nightgown.  Anyway, so she had to change.  I told her to pose for her picture, and that she did!


And just at the time when we should put the kids to bed and relax... I had to go to work...

As I said, it was a busy, busy day.

No comments: