Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Did I hear what I think I heard? Yes I did!

Tonight I was getting Sophie's PJ's on and encouraging her to clean her room.  She really didn't want to do it, so she was getting a bit frustrated.  All of the sudden I hear her say something, but her back is turned to me, and I think "did I hear what I think I heard?" So I ask her, "what did you say?" She looks right at me with the most appropriate face and says "damn it".  She said it another 4 or 5 times while I had to hide my face in my shirt because it was really funny and I didn't want her to see me laughing and think she should continue.  She ended up thinking I was crying so I told her it was because I didn't like her using that word.  The funny thing was she was using it so appropriately.  The tone of her voice, the reason and everything.  I don't even know where she picked it up.  We are actually quite good at not swearing in front of our kids, and Nolan at 6 years old hasn't picked up any.  It was quite surprising, but that's our Sophie, she keeps us on our toes!

No comments: