Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 3 & 4

Alright, so here is my quick update of my house cleaning/organization.

Day 3 was great. It was Poy's day off, so the night before we sat down and I asked him what cards he thought we should do on top or our daily tasks.  He added clean the laundry room floor, vacuum the stairs (I hate that), clean the knobs on the stove, and I added shake out rugs, and wash the window over the kitchen sink.  In the morning he had a dentist appointment and Sophie actually slept in, so I did too :) When Poy was back from his appointment, I went up to take a bath and asked him to work on a few of the "yellow/daily" cards. I took my bath and did my bathroom tasks, got Sophie dressed and ready and went downstairs to find my husband working on the stove knobs.  This was not a yellow card, so I look over at the cards and low & behold, almost all of the yellows are stacked in the done pile!  I'm telling you, he can clean when he wants to.  I wanted to have all of our tasks done by 1:00 and we were finished at 12:30!! I was so proud of our progress and how well we worked together when we had a common goal.  

Day 4: Poy works on Thursdays but not until 5:30ish usually. Today he had a conference call at 2:00. We decided he would go to his call and the kids and I would meet him an hour later and we'd go to the mall so he wasn't working 12+ hours and we could spend time together.  So, this morning I didn't choose too many cards since I try to make our family days lighter cleaning days.  Poy got a haircut this morning so I did most of the daily tasks today.  One of my tasks listed was to do a load of laundry and I didn't have enough clothes to wash to justify a load... What!! I had the majority of laundry clean all at once?!?!  Too bad I can't say all the toys are picked up... oh well, one day at a time.  I keep reminding myself what they say in the book, "you didn't get into this mess in a day (or week or month), so you can't expect to get out of it that quickly".  When we got home from the mall Nolan wanted to go to the park, but I felt I needed to get another task done.  I told him if he helped me clean out the car (big task), I would take them to the park.  So, he and I started cleaning and Sophie joined us later. We got everything out and vacuumed, but we still need to put quite a few things away.  I am feeling really good about including the kids in our tasks, they are really doing well and it is a great help.  Sophie is always right there and ready to help... sometimes a little too much, but you can't fault her for it. Nolan does very well with helping when he has something to look forward to when it's done. We are doing a responsibility chart with the kids now and that helps him out a lot.

Anyway, that was my "quick" update on my progress. I'm feeling good... I do have to work the next 2 days though, so we'll see how work days go.

Thanks for the support!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Ok, so now I'm really inspired! I'm going to go home and vaccuum my stairs!