Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 5

Today was my first day working (during the day at least), and I was worried about how I would get anything done.  I'm typically exhausted when I get home from work and just want to spend some time with the kids and get them to bed.  Then I want to sit around and relax.  I didn't want to fall off the wagon though, so I pushed myself pretty far.  When I got home around 7:00 most of my "yellow" cards were done by my wonderful husband.  

I met my parents for dinner at Gustavs but the kids were so amped up.  I think I've decided that dinner out after working all day doesn't work well with the kiddos.  They miss me and want my attention and I'm starving so I don't want to be clung to. I get cranky, they get cranky... not too enjoyable for any of us.  I do thank my dad though for taking them for a walk while mom and I finished our dinner with a little peace.  He's always been very good at that.  

We were home a little after 8:00 and a part of me wanted to just file those other cards away, but I pushed that part aside.  I emptied and loaded the dishwasher, re-wiped counters, & put in a load of laundry.  I got the kids in their pajamas (after a bath) and vacuumed upstairs.  Sophie was helpful with her little vacuum (yes it's a real one).   We went through our usual routine, which is not short and finally got the kids to bed just before 11pm.  I'm just about exhausted. I then worked on my box of car stuff that I pulled out yesterday.  Most of it was just toys the kids need to put away so they each got a box and I separated their stuff for them to take care of tomorrow.  I was thinking I would fold a load of laundry now, but I think I'll call it quits instead.

No comments: