Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Yucky Way to Wake Up

I was peacefully sleeping this morning when I woke to hear Sophie crying in her room at 5am.  She wakes often and makes her way into our bed, but this morning was different.  She was crying, and yelling "mama".  As I pulled myself out of bed to go to her, she knocks on her door, which of coarse she can open herself.  I opened the door to an overwhelming stench.  I thought she pooped or something.  I asked her what was wrong and if she pooped. She said something about it being in her bed. I turned on the light to see vomit on her PJ's. I went into her room and found that she had thrown up in her bed then she must have been disoriented cause there was a path from her bed to her dresser.  There was the smelliest vomit everywhere.  Yuck, yuck, yuck!  I got her cleaned up and then Poy and I spent a good 20-30 minutes cleaning up her bedding and her carpet.  Luckily she had tossed her "night-night" (her name for her lovey) out of her bed before she got sick, so night-night was still available to comfort her in her time of need. When she woke for the day she didn't eat anything for breakfast, she only wanted milk.  As we were getting into the car to go to Nolan's t-ball game, she threw up her milk too.  I thought we were gonna have a sick kid all day long, but luckily she didn't have any more issues the rest of the day.  I will say we are quite fortunate, both of our kids did not have their first incident of "real" throw-up until they were 3 years old. 

They did like to spit up as babies though :)

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I hope Sophie is feeling better!